By Dr. Grayson Blom
1. Abnormal posture creates excessive gravity stress on the neck and back. This occurs when and injury damages connective tissues causing the head to shift away from its true center of gravity.
2. Asymmetrical muscle imbalances will develop throughout the neck and back to counter balance the head being off-center.
3. Chronic adaptive changes (PAIN) will develop in the neck and back over time.
4. Soft tissue structures will be affected (PAIN/DISABILITY)
5. Fibrosis or scarring and thickening of connective tissue will develop in high stress areas in the neck and back.
6. DEGENERATION begins! (As they call it in the South "SPINE ROT")
a.) The discs under high stress will wear out at an accelerated rate, due 1.-3.
b.) Neurovascular entrapments can occur or disruption to normal blood flow in and out of the head. Headaches and other NERVE problems can and commonly do result.
c.) myofascial or muscle and soft tissue pain syndromes can develop. The spine will usually twist and lean to one side or the other resulting in problems on that side.
d.) Over use syndromes commonly develop on one side or the other.
Upper Cervical Chiropractor